|Broccoli, mushroom and lentil stew (vegan)
||[Aug. 2nd, 2015|06:32 am]
Even though it's a stew, this is light enough to be enjoyed even in the summer heat. The broccoli gives it lots of vitamins and also a wonderful colour and the lentils make it a satisfying meal. This stew has only few ingredients, but is delicious, gluten-free and vegan as well. So go ahead and enjoy it! You can find the recipe and more photos here.
100 g green or red lentils
1 broccoli head
100 g of your favourite mushrooms
butter for the pan
150 g of chopped (tinned) tomatoes
1/2 teaspoons of paprika spice
1/2 teaspoons of your favourite dried herbs (basil, oregano, ...)
1) Place lentils in a pot, top with water and bring to the boil. Lentils do not need any pre-soaking. Boil for 15 to 20 minutes (red lentils need less time than green lentils).
2) In the meantime, chop broccoli and mushrooms into bite-sized pieces.
3) Melt some butter in a non-stick wok or frying pan. Add broccoli and mushrooms and fry on high heat for 5 minutes. Remember to check on your lentils at this stage!
4) Add chopped (tinned) tomatoes to the broccoli-mushroom-mixture. Add paprika spice and dried herbs and mix well.
5) Your lentils should be almost done by now. Drain their water and add the lentils to your vegetables. Mix well, reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy while still hot!