|Sharon and Avocado Double Delight
||[Jul. 23rd, 2015|01:42 pm]
I combined the crisp, flavorful Sharon fruits with fresh Mint and creamy seasonal Avocados. To satisfy my desire for crunchiness, I also included a lovely, gluten-free, and grain-free cookie. If you haven’t experimented with Plantain flour yet, don’t hesitate at all. As it contains no gluten, is versatile and easy to use, plantain flour will become your trusted ally to all your healthy baking.
Sharon Cubes and Avocado Cream
- 2-3 Sharon Fruits, diced
- 1 big Avocado, or two small ones, pitted
- 3 Bunches of Mint
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ¼ – ½ Cup of cold Water
- ¼ Cup Plantain Flour
- ½ Cup Water
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celius. Boil ½ Cup of Water. Mix ¼ Cup of Plantain Flour with half of the hot water in a pan, over low heat. Keep working your mixture with a wooden spoon, add the Coconut Sugar and the rest of the hot water. In order to obtain an elastic, smooth dough, you might need to add a little bit more water and knead with your hands a bit.
- Place your cookie cutters on a baking sheet. With the help of a teaspoon, divide the mixture into your cookie cutters. I used two big ones, 7.5 cm in diameter, and I had enough dough for a smaller one as well. Remove your cookie cutters and put your cookies into the oven for about 25 minutes. Turn them around and bake them for 10 minutes more, until they get a nice color.
- In the meantime, scoop the Avocado and add it in your blender, together with the Mint, Honey, Lemon Juice and Water. Blend until obtaining a beautiful, creamy, and smooth texture. Keep in the refrigerator until needed.
- Cut your Sharon fruits into fine cubes and divide them into two or four plates. Add the Avocado cream and decorate with the Plantain Cookies. Enjoy!