|Black Forest Tortini
||[Jul. 21st, 2015|12:18 pm]
This recipe is not the quickest one, but trust me, the luscious look and the mouth-watering taste is worth the effort. If you want to speed up the process why not make one Black Forest Torte, instead of several tortini? Use a spring-form pan and make one Chocolate sponge cake. Cut it lengthwise, and proceed with the layers as described below. You will get a yummy Black Forest Torte that is super healthy and tastes divine!
Makes 12-15 medium sized Tortini
Mini Chocolate Sponge Cakes
* 80 ml Honey
* 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 3 Big Eggs
* 2 ¼ Cup Almond Flour
* 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
* 3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
* 6 Dates soaked in warm water for 5 minutes, then drained
* 1 Cup Cherries, pitted
* 3 Tbsp water from the dates
Coconut Whipped Cream
* 1 Can of Coconut Milk, refrigerated during 24 hours
* 2-3 Tbsp of Coconut Sugar
* 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
* Dark Chocolate Shavings
* Cherries, pitted and quartered
1) Heat the oven to 175 Degrees Celcius. Pour the Honey, the Olive Oil and the Eggs into the bowl of your food processor. Process until combined.
2) Measure out the Almond Flour and Bicarbonate of Soda into another bowl and mix them together. Add to the wet ingredients little by little. Process on a medium speed, then add the Cacao Powder. Process until all the dry ingredients have been mixed in.
3) Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases until about half full. Bake in the oven for about 20-22 minutes, without opening the oven door. Take your little Chocolate Cakes out of the oven and insert a sharp knife in the middle of a couple of them. If your knife comes out clean, they are ready. Allow your Chocolate Cakes to cool down.
4) Make the Cherry Sauce by simply combining the three ingredients into your blender. Blend until obtaining a smooth, delicious cherry sauce. Keep in the refrigerator until needed.
5) Put a big bowl and the whiskers into your freezer for about 5 minutes. Open the Coconut Milk Can upside down and place in your big bowl the creamy part of it. Keep the Coconut Water for your smoothies. Add the Coconut Sugar and the Vanilla Extract. Whisk until obtaining a fluffy whipped cream.
6) With the help of a sharp knife slice your Chocolate Cakes lengthwise. Put a teaspoon of Cherry Sauce on top of the Chocolate Cake. Continue with a teaspoon of Coconut Whipped Cream. Assemble your Black Forest Tortini. Decorate with Dark Chocolate Shavings and little pieces of cherries. Enjoy!