|Sunsplash Tomato Cheesecake
||[Jul. 21st, 2015|12:09 pm]
For 4 Cheesecakes of 75 mm diameter
* ½ Cup Sunflower Seeds
* 8 Dates, soaked for 5 minutes in warm water, then drained
* ½ Tsp Dried Oregano
* Pinch of Salt
* 1 ½ Cup Cashew Nuts, soaked for 4 hours, then drained
* Juice of one small lemon
* ½ Cup of Water
* 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
* Salt and Pepper to taste
* Tomatoes of your liking, sliced
* Basil Leaves
* Crushed Salt
* Some Olive Oil
1) Place the Sunflower Seeds in your food processor and process into small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and process until obtaining a sticky consistency that holds well together.
2) Line a chopping board that fits in your freezer with parchment paper. Place your four cookie cutters on it. Press the crust mixture inside your cookie cutters, so as to create the crust for your cheesecakes. Put your chopping board in the freezer while you’re making the filling.
3) Place all the filling ingredients in your food processor and process until getting a beautiful, delicious cream. Divide the cream on the four crusts and place your cheesecakes back into the freezer to set.
4) Your cheesecakes don’t need more than half an hour to set. Remove them from the cookie cutters, add the toppings, allow them to come to room temperature and enjoy!
Note: You can keep your Tomato Cheesecakes in the freezer longer, but remember to remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw for at least an hour in room temperature before eating them. This way you will enjoy their creaminess to the fullest!