|Carrot Ribbons & Sprue Asparagus
||[Jul. 21st, 2015|11:48 am]
This vegan, gluten-free and grain-free recipe is totally hassle free and convenient to make when you are tired and don’t really feel like cooking. You only need a big saucepan for steaming the Carrot Ribbons and the Young Asparagus. Steaming will take you less than 5 minutes, just enough time to slice the spring onion and the sun dried tomatoes, and crush a few cashew nuts for the topping. Serve and enjoy!
For 2 persons
* 6 Carrots, sliced lengthwise on a mandolin
* 1 Bundle of Young Asparagus, washed and woody ends trimmed
* 1 Spring Onion, sliced
* 6 Sun-Dried Tomatoes, sliced
* ½ Cup of Cashew Nuts
* Extra virgin Olive Oil, for sprinkling
* Nutritional Yeast, as topping
* Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Place the Carrot Ribbons and the Young Asparagus Shoots in your steamer for about 4 minutes, until the vegetables soften, but remain crisp.
2) Serve into 2 plates first the Carrot Ribbons, then the Asparagus. Add the Sun-Dried Tomatoes and the Cashew Nuts.
3) Sprinkle with some Olive Oil and decorate with a few Nutritional Yeast flakes. Enjoy!