| Cauliflower, mushroom and chickpea stew
||[Jul. 21st, 2015|06:56 am]
I am currently in New Zealand, where it's winter - so it's the perfect time for a stew. This is a fast-cooking and easy stew, very warming and filling! You can find the recipe and more photos here.
• butter for frying
• 1/4 of a cauliflower head
• 50 g mushrooms
• 250 g canned chickpeas
• 100 g canned tomatoes
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika spice
• 1/4 teaspoon mild chili powder
• 1/4 teaspoon curry spice
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric spice
• 100 ml coconut milk
1) Melt butter in a non-stick pan. Meanwhile, wash and chop cauliflower and mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. Fry the cauliflower for 5 minutes on high heat, add the mushrooms and fry for another 3 minutes.
2) Reduce the heat to medium. Add chickpeas, canned tomatoes and spices. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes (best to put a lid on your pan if you have one).
3) Add coconut milk, stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Substitute part of the chickpeas with rice, potatoes or lentils.